Monday, June 27, 2016

Very yummy stuff coming up right here!

I am not all doom and gloom here! I promise!

Since going Vegan, I have been super conscious about what and how we eat.
Trying to get my husband to eat healthy is no problem when it comes to most things, he is however very iffy on meat substitutes and my tofu cooking skills are not the greatest so I often opt to use just veggies as the stars of my meals.

They should be treated as stars! Who knew veggies were so versatile?

Not I!

I had never bought or willingly had cauliflower before going Vegan (yes, I say that a lot).
That's something for a grown woman to say! But the truth is that I was always super picky!
Before meeting my husband, the only vegetable I would eat, would be a spud! Potatoes!

I didn't like bell peppers, lettuce, mushrooms, you name it! Or at least I said I didn't cause I didn't think I did.

When I met my hubby - I knew how to successfully burn burgers on the stove (as I only knew the "high" option on the stove), I could boil wicked hot dogs, I could serve up a steamy gourmet microwave meal and I could order take out like a pro! I wasn't even sure how to boil potatoes!
Anyway - let's get away from my embarrassing (and then non-existing) cooking skills and back to the cauliflower!

Did you know that you can make super yummy buffalo "wings" using cauliflower?
Or use cauliflower as steak?
Or make wicked pizza crusts?
Curried cauliflower?

The list is endless! This gem of a vegetable that often gets overlooked is so versatile, super yummy and so healthy!




I figured I'd share a recipe I stumbled on while Pinteresting (I say it's an actual word)!

Here is a link to the most delicious Buffalo cauliflower bites and a homemade ranch dressing.

I used a bit of Agave nectar instead of honey and of course vegan mayo.

http://ourlifetastesgood.blogspot.ca/2015/10/baked-buffalo-cauliflower-bites.html

You will thank me later! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment